The UCLA Parents' Council is the governing body of the UCLA Parent & Family Association, composed of dedicated parent volunteers who serve as ambassadors for the University. Council members engage with parents and family members to foster connections and build partnerships with the University, assist with outreach to current and prospective families, participate in broadening and deepening relationships in support of the University, and represent the parent perspective on the UCLA experience.
COUNCIL MEMBER COMMITMENTS
- Serve a one-year renewable term.
- Attend on-campus Parents' Council meetings. (Southern California residents must attend a minimum of two out of three meetings annually. Members outside of Southern California must attend a minimum of one meeting annually.)
- Actively participate in at least one field committee.
- Participate in a minimum of three (3) volunteer activities/events throughout the year (e.g. Move-in Weekend, Meet & Greet gatherings, and New Bruin welcome events.)
- Represent the interests of all Bruin parents and serve as an ambassador to other UCLA parents and community members.
2022-23 ACADEMIC YEAR KEY DATES (Subject to Change)
- Sept. 15-17, 2022: Move-In Weekend
- Sept. 18, 2022: Fall Parents' Council Meeting
- October 28-29, 2022: Bruin Family Weekend
- Jan. 29, 2023: Winter Parents' Council Meeting
- April 2023 (Date TBA): Bruin Day & Spring Parents' Council Meeting
- Read all questions and prompts on the application thoroughly to ensure you provide ALL information relevant to you and your family.
- ONLY include your spouse/partner's information if they intend to serve alongside you as an active member of the Parents' Council.